IDIS 110: Project 7
In this project you will use the picture you took in Lab #7, images culled from the Internet, and
Macromedia Fireworks, to make yourself into a cyborg. The class will vote to
select a favorite picture.
You can do any sort of image manipulations you'd like, but
you should at least do the following:
Here's an example that I built by importing
images into Fireworks and modifying them using various filters. Here
are some other
examples from my sections last semester.
- Your picture, cropped with its color and brightness corrected
- Parts of at least two other relevant images (collected on-line,
say with Google image
search) overlaid or blended in
- At least two of Fireworks' filters applied to parts of the
If you need help with any of this, work through the Fireworks
tutorial (by starting Fireworks, choosing "Help"-"Learning Fireworks"
and then opening the "Getting Started with Fireworks MX 2004"
tutorial.) or consult the RIT lab monitors. If neither of these help,
What to turn in:
- By Friday, post a message to the discussion board for this
class. (From the KnightVision page for this class, click on
"Communications," then on "Discussion Boards," then the board for this
class.) Attach your image to your message.
- Before next week's class, look over the images that have been
posted and decide which you like best. Post a message indicating which
is your favorite and giving a brief statement of what you like about
Last modified: Mon Nov 29 14:37:50 Eastern Standard Time 2004