Print a copy of this page and referring to the lab exercise, answer each of the questions on your copy. (You must turn in your answers at the beginning of your laboratory session.)
1. The size of the chunks of data that an OutputStream
writes are _______________ and the size of data for a Writer
2. The operation of actually establishing a connection between a program and a file is called _________ that connection.
3. What method of a BufferedReader can we use to read a line of input?
4. When one is done reading from an input file stream, what operation should be performed on it?
5. How does the Caesar cipher encode a character?
Back to This Lab's Table of Contents
Forward to the Lab Exercise
Back to the Introduction