Watching Guide for "Making Stuff Smaller", from 9:27 to 18:41
- What is a transistor?
____________________________________________ What did it
make possible? ____________________
- The only language that computers understand is
- How many values can one switch represent? ___________
- How many switches do you need to represent the text on a page?
_______________ How about for a second of music? ___________
- What makes using transistor switches so much better than
mechanical switches? _____________________________________
- How many switches (transistors) were on the one-inch chip that
the host looks that? _____________________________
- What did Gordon Moore predict in the 1960s?
What is this prediction called? __________________________________
- What happens if you try to make transistors too small and pack
them too close together?
- What is the IBM engineer growing in her high-tech oven?