All homework will be submitted electronically. This tutorial
explains how to do this remotely using Moodle.
Submitting Assignments in Moodle
Moodle supports the uploading of files for programming
assignments. You can do this as follows:
- Preparing the files for submission - Because
programs tend to comprise multiple files (e.g., code files, image
files, data files), it is best to zip them up into a single zip file
for submission. Do this as follows:
- Find the directory containing the files you want to submit.
The directory should contain only those files that must be
- Click mouse-right on the directory and choose “Send
to”-“Compressed (zipped) folder”.
- Submitting the files - You can submit the
zipped file as follows:
- Go to the Moodle page for the given assignment.
- Upload your zip files one-by-one by choosing them and then
- If you want to complete your submission, choose
“Submit”, otherwise you can skip this step, add more
files and then submit later. After you’ve submitted an
assignment, you cannot add or modify your submitted files.
Note that for lab exercise 1, you’ll want to skip the
submit step so that you can submit all the files at the end of lab exercise
If you need help with any part of this process, consult the
Moodle help pages or post a question to the class discussion forum.