A Christian Field Guide to Technology
for Engineers and Designers
Here are some talks and interviews directly related to the book:
- Engineering for Shalom with Ethan Brue, Derek Schuurman, and Steven VanderLeest, re-integrate podcast, February 15, 2023.
- A Conversation with Dr. Derek Schuurman, LeTourneau University, September 2022.
- Talk given at Grove City College, October 10, 2022.
- Ethan Brue on God and Technology, God's Story Podcast, September 10, 2022.
- Why Does Jesus Influence My Engineering Career?, Why God Why Podcast, September 8, 2022.
- Faith and Designing Technology with Dr. Derek Schuurman, Wheaton Center for Faith and Innovation, July 4, 2022.
- Beatrice Institute Interview, May 11, 2022.
- ESN Conversation: A Christian Field Guide to Technology for Engineers and Designers, Emerging Scholars Network conversation, April 22, 2022.
- REDESIGNING - Feature Conversation: Ethan Brue, In All Things podcast, April 20, 2022.
- A conversation about developing responsible technology, Digital Public Square podcast, April 18, 2022.
- Book release event at Calvin University, April 13, 2022.
- Interview with Derek Schuurman, co-author of A Christian Field Guide to Technology for Engineers and Designers, Faith in Teaching Podcast, October 27, 2021.
Here are some additional talks and interviews related to the general topic of faith and technology:
- Steve was interviewed in Michael Lefebvre, "Negligence Is a Deadly Sin", Christianity Today, 3 Oct 2022.
- Psalm 8 and Technology, LeTourneau University chapel talk, September 28, 2022.
- Technology and the Biblical Story, chapel talk given at Belmont University, April 11, 2022.
- Technology and the Story of the Bible talk given for the Center for Faith & Work Los Angeles, April 5, 2021.
- Technology and the Biblical Story, a talk given by Derek at the 2016 Faith & Work Conference, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City, November 2016.
- Artificial Intelligence and the Christian Faith, a panel hosted by the Kirby Laing Centre for Public Theology
- Exploring faith and engineering with McMaster CRC Campus Ministry
- Connecting Bytes and Beliefs, talk given by Derek for Passion Talks 2020, August 14, 2020.
- O humano do futuro (includes some short interview segments with Derek, part of a larger series called "Origens" that appeared on Novo Tempo, Brazil)
- Talk given for FaithTech Chicago by Derek (May 14, 2020).
- A Christian Perspective on AI, Automation and Technology, an interview with Derek on the Purpose Nation podcast, published August 2019.
- The Challenge of Transhumanism, presented by Derek at the 2019 ASA Conference, Wheaton College, July 20, 2019.
- Is distracting technology damaging our capacity for concentration and contemplation?, The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada Podcast, January 2019
- Discerning a Christian Response to AI, Christian Perspectives in Science Seminar, Calvin College, November 30, 2018.
- Connecting Bytes and Beliefs: A Personal Story, a talk given by Derek at a Dordt College Engineering Society Dinner, 2018.
- Artificial Intelligence: Discerning a Christian Response, CSCA 2018 conference talk, Trinity Western University, May 2018.
- A radio interview on "Karl and June" broadcast February 27, 2015 on Moody Radio, 90.1 FM in Chicago.
- A TV interview broadcast on 100 Huntley Street, October 29, 2014.
- An interview broadcast on January 31, 2014 on WORD FM in Pittsburgh.
- An interview (part 1 and part 2) with KSIV St. Louis, MO, "Encounter" broadcast August 21, 2013. (note: this is made available on the condition that it may not be sold in any part for profit).
- A radio interview broadcast on July 9, 2013 on WLQV Faith Talk 1500 in Detroit.
- Technology and the Biblical Story, Bethel University convocation chapel talk, February 22, 2017.
- Responsible Automation, a talk given for the Hamilton Science and Faith Forum and the Canadian Scientific and Christian Affiliation (CSCA), McMaster Divinity College, March 3, 2017.
- Technology and Liberalism, panel talk for the Faith and Democracy in America conference, Calvin College, December 6, 2018.
- Public lecture given at Calvin College on July 16, 2014 (audio and video)